Introduction to the Wizards and Dragons Game (WnD)
Wizards & Dragons is a 100% on-chain strategy game combining NFTs and a token. The project was launched on December 1st from a fork of the Wolf Game project. Like its big brother, the metadata and pixel art are stored entirely on-chain on Ethereum (ETH). In other words, the game does not use the Inter Planetary File System (IPFS) or API.
We can read on the project’s Medium blog:
“We will create value by building a fun, community-driven game playable fully on-chain using NFTs within defi.”
The game consists of staking Dragons and Wizards to earn $GP tokens. Tokens have different attributes and affect the number of tokens that players can potentially earn. With the tokens earned players can mint new Dragons and Wizards to earn more tokens.
As you may have guessed, Dragons are rarer and have more interesting features allowing players to earn and steal GP tokens. It is important to know that the superior abilities of Dragons make their market value 5 times greater than Wizards. The floor price for dragons on OpenSea is currently 0.57 ETH while wizards are currently selling for around 0.11 ETH.
GamePlay of Wizard and Dragons
Players should stake their Wizards and Dragons to be able to participate in the game and earn tokens.
The wizards earn 12,000 GP per day guarding the tower. They have made an ancient agreement with the dragons and since then, dragons should stay away from the wizards guarding the tower. In exchange, the dragons receive 20% of the GP earned by the wizards.
In addition, it is dangerous for wizards to leave the Tower. There is a 50% chance that all accumulated tokens will be stolen by dragons. Players must then use the GP tokens to mint new NFTs. Currently, players should collect more than 60,000 GP to mint, they have a 90% chance of getting a dragon and a 10% chance of getting a wizard.
Other game mechanics
Players can also pay tribute to the Tower by throwing GP tokens into the pit. In this way, the Tower will recognize your gesture and give you a mysterious item in return, which will be useful in Act 2 and 3 of the game.
Finally, players can also sacrifice a wizard or a dragon on the altar.
The Tower will recognize your total and unwavering faith and will grant you in return an extremely rare mysterious item, which will be useful to direct and control the pace of battles in Acts 2 and 3.
WnD has also provided a mechanism called the Treasure Chest, which, if kept in a user’s wallet, reduces the probability of a dragon stealing GP tokens from 10% to 5%. A Treasure Chest will cost 25,000 GP Tokens, or about $222 at a price of $0.0089 per token.
Wizards and Dragons Game, fork of Wolf Game, seems to be taking its place under the sun. Indeed, Wolf Game was put on hold because of several vulnerabilities affecting the gameplay. But the Wizards team managed to fix the main flaws of the open-source code. For example, Wizards & Dragons distinguished itself from other Wolf Game forks by fixing a randomization issue, which determines whether users get a wizard or a dragon.
A vulnerability suffered by Wolf Game also forced the project to go through a migration process. This involves locking the original NFTs and replicating them within a new smart-contract.
Currently, the WnD collection has already generated 9300 Ether (ETH) on OpenSea against 19,300 ETH for Wolf Game (old collection 13,600 ETH + migrated collection 5700 ETH). A great success for the Wizards & Dragons project which has managed to erase the flaws of its big brother and propose a plot and promising development prospects with Act 2 and 3.
If this article, video or photo intrigues any copyright, please indicate it to the author’s email or in the comment box.